BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN SPORTS
- Equivalent to three A-Levels
- Twelve hours of education per week
- Ten hours of practical per week
- 19 units relating to Physiology of Fitness, Sports Injuries, Practical Individual Sport and Sport as a business
- Primarily assessed through weekly coursework
- Valuable work experience with the Bradford Bulls Foundation and community projects
To develop your theoretical and practical knowledge of Sports Development, Fitness and Coaching through working towards a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification. The course is also designed to prepare you for higher education in a sports related subject or a career in the area of Sport.
How is it assessed?
The course is accredited by BTEC. There is no final written examination as you achieve your qualification though continuous assessment. This involves carrying out assignments, project work, presentations, report writing, class tests and collecting video evidence. All assessments will be graded at Pass, Merit and Distinction. You will also be expected to do independent study at home towards your assessments.
- At least five A* – C’s at GCSE, including maths and English
- Job opportunities within the leisure industry
- Free of charge for all students.
How To Apply
For more information on the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Foundation on 01274 729728
Our prospectus can be downloaded HERE 2016 Education Prospectus